This thick and creamy, sweetly-spiced vegan Hot Cross Bun smoothie is exactly how it sounds; a delicious Easter drink that tastes just like hot cross buns in milkshake form!
Ummm yes please.
How many hot cross buns have you already devoured this season? Don’t worry, no judgement here. They are just too good to pass up! I mean who doesn’t love a good hot crossy!
If you’re still after that traditional sweet, fruity hot cross bun flavour without the refined sugars/carbohydrates, oils and additives that tend to come along with it, then this recipe is for you!…
Vegan Hot Cross Bun Smoothie
You’re going to love this drool-worthy shake…
- thick & creamy
- ice cold
- quick & easy!
Smoothie tips and Substitutes
This recipe calls for about 1/4 tsp of allspice/mixed spice so you can substitute this with a small pinch of ground nutmeg, 1/8 tsp ground cloves and 1/8 tsp cinnamon.
The trick/ tip to a really thick smoothie is to use as many frozen ingredients and the least amount of liquid as possible. If you have a good quality high speed blender then start with less plant milk than recommended in the recipe and add more as you need it until smooth and creamy.
Frozen banana is what makes this smoothie so deliciously thick, sweet and creamy, but if you can’t have banana you could try substituting some of it with frozen cauliflower, frozen zucchini or non-dairy milk that has frozen into ice cubes. Check out these Banana-free smoothie bowl recipes!
Got a sweet tooth? You’re going to love these!…
- TikTok Viral Recipe! – Chocolate Orange Baked Oats (Vegan)
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Sliders (Gluten-free, Oil free)
- Protein Granola Cereal Clusters (Vegan, Gluten Free, Grain-Free)
- Vegan Easter Dessert Recipes 2022 (Gluten free)
- Healthy Vegan Lemon bars (Easy, Gluten Free)
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Energy Balls (Vegan, No Dates)
Hot Cross Bun Smoothie
- 130 g frozen banana
- 55 g ice cubes
- 30 g sultanas or mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice/mixed spice see notes for alternative*
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- splash of vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbs tahini (for cross) optional
- Place all ingredients (except for the tahini) in a blender and blend until smooth.
See recipe NOTES for tips on changing the consistency of the smoothie.
- Pour into a glass or jar and drizzle tahini ontop in a cross shape to mimic a hot cross bun.
- To make it thicker add more frozen banana and/or ice.
- To make it more runny, add a small amount of non-dairy milk or water until desired consistency is achieved.