These Baked Oats went viral on Tiktok for a very good reason! The texture is like eating cake for breakfast, but it’s made with healthy ingredients that are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, low calorie and dairy-free! Here’s how to make easy vegan Chocolate Baked Oats for one without egg, no banana and a delicious orange twist!
When I saw that baked oats were going viral on TikTok I couldn’t believe that the beloved baked oatmeal I’d been making for years was finally getting the hype and recognition it deserved. If you’ve never tried it before, wait no longer you are in for a treat!
What do Baked Oats taste like?
- citrus-infused (if you’re making this delicious Choc Orange flavour!)
How to store Baked Oatmeal & FAQ
Yes, these are the perfect meal prep breakfast idea since you can bake a big batch of them ahead of time and enjoy them them for the next few days. They can be eaten cold or reheated in the microwave or oven.
They will last longer if stored in the fridge, however they can be left out at room temperature (especially since this recipe is made without egg or dairy.)
This recipe will keep well in an airtight container for 2 days at room temperature and up to a week in the fridge.
The best part about blended baked oats is that the texture turns out like a delicious fluffy cake. If you don’t have/use a blender or use rolled oats instead of oat flour then the texture won’t be as smooth, since the chewy texture of the whole oats will remain.
Baked oats are the perfect way to enjoy oatmeal if you don’t like the regular texture of traditional porridge because who doesn’t love cake!
Baked Oats Ingredients & Substitutions
- Rolled oats: This is the main ingredient for the recipe, but you can also use quick oats or pre-made oat flour.
- Maple syrup: To add a touch of sweetness.
- Baking powder: This helps it rise while baking.
- Salt: To round out the flavor.
- Cacao powder: This is optional in baked oats but essential if you want to try this chocolate version. You can also substitute cacao for cocoa powder (you may need to reduce the total amount of liquid in the recipe since cocoa powder does not absorb as much liquid as cacao powder)
- Orange juice: for the ultimate choc-orange flavour combo (substitute with non-dairy milk if you’re not a fan of orange.)
What oats to use for Baked Oatmeal
The best kind of oats to use for baked oatmeal are rolled, also known as old fashioned oats. You can also use quick oats (but they may require a slightly different amount of liquid since they are already partially cooked and processed.)
What to cook Baked Oats in
You can bake your oats in any oven-safe dish, ramekin or oven-safe mug that holds 1 1/4 cup. To find out if your dish/mug does this, take a measuring cup and pour 1 1/4 cup of water into it. If all the water fits with a little bit of space left on top then it’s perfect to use.
How to make Chocolate Baked Oats
Time needed: 15 minutes.
Here are the simple steps on how to make vegan baked oats in the oven (you won’t believe how easy it is!)
Grind oats into a flour using a food processor or blender.
Whisk the dry ingredients together in an oven-safe dish, then gently fold in the wet ingredients.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. (If you want them a little extra gooey in the middle then you can under-cook them)
How To Make Baked Oats In The Microwave
If you don’t have much time in the morning then you can make ‘baked’ oats even quicker and easier by cooking them in the microwave for a few minutes just like this Chocolate Microwave Mug cake recipe (here’s the video on how to make them!)
The possibilities are endless when it comes to baked oatmeal variations and toppings! Add any of your favourite toppings that you enjoy on regular oatmeal or jazz it up with something extra special like this crunchy Sea Salt Chocolate Granola or healthy chocolate mousse!
- nut butter
- fresh or frozen fruit
- coconut flakes
- dairy free chocolate chips
- nuts & seeds
- A scoop of nice-cream
- Whipped coconut cream
- Healthy Chocolate mousse!
More Recipes with Oats!
- TikTok Viral Recipe! – Chocolate Orange Baked Oats (Vegan)
- Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Sliders (Gluten-free, Oil free)
- No-Bake Carrot Cake Energy Balls (Vegan, No Dates)
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake (Gluten free, No oil)
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Vegan Zucchini Muffins (Gluten Free, Eggless)
- No-Bake Vegan Gingerbread Cookie Dough Truffles (gluten free)
Want more delicious, healthy vegan meals & recipes that are quick & easy to make?
OIL FREE SOY FREE REFINED SUGAR FREE GLUTEN FREE
Chocolate Orange Baked Oats (Vegan, Gluten-free) – TikTok Viral Recipe!
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (or oat flour)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 9 tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (fan-forced.)
- In a blender or food processor, grind your oats into a fine flour consistency (this will give your baked oats more of a smooth cake-like texture.)
- Add the dry ingredients into an oven-safe dish or mug and whisk together. Add wet ingredients and gently fold mixture until just combined
- Bake for 10-20 minutes or until it has reached your desired cakey vs gooey texture.
Made any of these recipes?
Tag @foodieegee on Instagram and hashtag it #foodieegee so we can share all the deliciousness!
Looks amazing! I’ll have to try this!
Thankyou Chantal yes you do! Can’t wait to hear how you like it!
Thrive with Mariya
This looks like the perfect healthy chocolate treat. I should definitely give it a try. Thank you for sharing some inspirational ideas 🙂
Thankyou Mariya! It sure hits the spot for a chocolatey dessert but made with all nourishing ingredients, win win 😉 You are most welcome, hope you enjoy making the recipe! x