Fluffy, gooey and delicious One minute vegan chocolate mug cake made in the microwave with only 5 ingredients (that you probably already have in your pantry!)
This cake in a mug recipe is perfect for those times you just want an easy single-serve dessert or sweet snack quick stat without turning on the oven! You won’t believe how simple this healthy, gluten free, dairy free, oil free and low fat recipe is; with no egg, no oil, no banana and no refined flour!
Have you been seeing mug cakes going viral on Tik Tok lately?
Wondering what all the hype is about and how to join in on the fun of being able to eat. a freshly baked cake in just 1 minute?
Here are some tips you should know on how to make the best microwave vegan mug cake ever:
Mug Cake Tips and FAQ’s
Once your cake is cooked you should be able to easily slide a knife around the edges of the cake in the mug. Place a plate on top of the mug and flip upside down. Gently tap on the mug until the cake falls out onto the plate ready to enjoy.
Mug cakes are designed to be made on the spot when you want to eat it, but this recipe is does perfectly fine being reheated.
Jazz up your mug cake by serving it with a dollop of vegan whipped cream, yoghurt or dairy free ice-cream! Peanut butter, homemade chocolate sauce, berries and banana make amazing toppings for your cake, aswell as a sprinkle of cacao nibs, crushed nuts, coconut flakes for a delicious crunch!
You will know that your cake is cooked when it comes away from the sides of the mug and is bouncy to touch. If you want your mug cake a little gooey in the middle, check it after microwaving for about 45 seconds. If you want it fully cooked through, continue microwaving the cake at 10-15 second intervals until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
You can bake this mug cake recipe in the oven at 180 degrees C for about 5-10 minutes. Make sure your mug or ramekin is oven-safe.
How to make a Vegan Chocolate Mug cake in the microwave
Time needed: 1 minute
How to make a mug cake in the microwave
- Mix dry ingredients
Add dry ingredients into your microwave-safe mug or ramekin and whisk together until well combined.
- Fold in wet ingredients
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold until well incorporated and not lumps of flour remain.
- Cook in microwave
Microwave for one minute or until the cake comes away from the edges of the mug and is lightly firm and bouncy to touch.
If you love this recipe then you’ll love these Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes!
More Chocolate recipes…
- Chocolate Nut Vegan Protein Balls (Gluten Free)
- Chocolate Nicecream (Vegan, Dairy free, Refined sugar free)
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse (dairy free, easy)
- Vegan chocolate cupcakes (gluten free, refined sugar free)
- Sea salt chocolate granola (vegan, gluten free)
- 3 Ingredient Healthy Vegan Banana Brownies (gluten free)
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake (gluten free, oil free)
- 1/4 cup rolled oats, blended into flour (1/4 cup oat flour)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp non-dairy milk
- Add dry ingredients into your microwave-safe mug or ramekin and whisk together until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold together until well incorporated and no lumps of flour remain.
- Microwave for one minute or until the cake comes away from the edges of the mug and is lightly firm and bouncy to touch.
Want more delicious, healthy vegan meals & recipes that are quick & easy to make?
OIL FREE SOY FREE REFINED SUGAR FREE GLUTEN FREE