Get ready to make the best easy vegan roast dinner alternative for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner the whole family be drooling over… Serve sliced & smothered in relish, ketchup or rich, thick gravy for a truly satisfying vegetarian holiday meal or weekly Sunday roast!
PIN FOR LATER
Tips for serving the best vegetarian / vegan roast dinner
Most store-bought vegan roasts are made using a vegetarian meat substitute called ‘seitan’ which is made from vital wheat gluten. Other common ingredients in homemade vegan meatloaf include lentils and nuts due to their high protein content and texture.
There are plenty of brands selling meat-free roast substitute options to feed vegans/vegetarians at Christmas dinner available at the supermarkets, otherwise you can have a go at making a simple loaf like this to pair with other vegetables and sides (like the ones mentioned below.)
A veggie Sunday roast loaf like this pairs perfectly with popular vegetarian roast dinner sides such as stuffed portobello mushrooms, roast or mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables (brussel sprouts, carrots, pumpkin, cauliflower, onion etc.), green beans, mashed cauliflower, homemade vegan gravy or dairy free cheese sauce!
Even the carnivores approve of this holiday vegan roast loaf!
- High protein
- Rich and flavourful
Not only is this simple vegan recipe soy free, nut free, gluten free and oil free, there are also no mushrooms or lentils so you’ll be sure to keep even the picky eaters happy!
Easy side dishes to serve with vegan nut roast
Need an easy vegetarian appetiser for the side?
Make the Best Vegan Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms recipe (gluten free & oil free!)
Add this quick and easy, healthy vegan appetiser recipe to your Thanksgiving, vegan Christmas dinner menu or potluck dinner party!
Need a quick & easy vegan dessert recipe for Christmas and beyond?
Check out these festive baking ideas and vegan gluten free Christmas treats you’ll want to make all year ’round…
- TikTok Viral Recipe! – Chocolate Orange Baked Oats (Vegan)
- Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Crinkle Cookies (gluten free, paleo)
- No-Bake Vegan Gingerbread Cookie Dough Truffles (gluten free)
- Fruit Mince Pie Bliss Balls – Vegan Christmas recipe
- Vegan chocolate cupcakes (gluten free, refined sugar free)
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse (dairy free, easy)
Turn that oven on and let’s get cooking! It’s time to reveal…
How to make the best vegan roast dinner
Just follow the 2-3 simple steps below and you’ve got yourself a delicious plant based feast!
Best Vegan Roast Dinner Loaf (gluten free, nut free)
- 3 cup (500g) cooked brown rice (1 cup uncooked)
- 3 cup cooked beans see notes*
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour see notes**
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or onion powder) to taste
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano or mixed herbs
- 1.5 tsp salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (fan-forced.)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until relatively smooth, with some chunky texture still remaining.
- Place the mixture in the centre of a large sheet of baking paper and form into a loaf shape. Wrap the loaf up with the edges of the baking paper, folding the ends to close. Bake for 30-40 minutes until firm.
Made any of these recipes?
Tag @foodieegee on Instagram and hashtag it #foodieegee so we can share all the deliciousness!
Want more delicious, healthy vegan meals & recipes that are quick & easy to make?
OIL FREE SOY FREE REFINED SUGAR FREE GLUTEN FREE
Download your FREE copy of the ‘A Delicious Day’ recipe ebook for a day full of delicious, healthy vegan recipes!
This looks nice. I’m not much vegan but I will pass this to my vegan friend. Thank you for sharing!
Pastor Natalie (ExamineThisMoment)
Each of these look so delicious! The cupcakes especially seem so yummy. Thank you for sharing. ☺️
Pastor Natalie (ExamineThisMoment)
this looks yummy
Thanks for sharing this inspiration =) I also tried a new recipe today.
Jenna from Heavenly Spiced
This vegan roast is such a great alternative for vegans and vegetarians. Thank you for this recipe!