The most irresistibly moist, healthy and easy vegan lemon loaf cake you will ever make!
Only 4 simple ingredients and 30 minutes to make this delicious, fluffy lemon bread for your next breakfast, brunch, or guilt free dessert!
This recipe is perfect if you’re looking for a copycat Starbucks lemon cake that is also vegan and super wholesome – None of that refined sugar, oil and bleached flour business.
This easy vegan lemon loaf is…
- simple and easy to make!
You could try using a different liquid sweetener of choice like rice malt syrup or date syrup in replacement of the maple syrup, however the texture, colour and level of sweetness may be vary slightly to how the recipe has been developed.
You can make your own oat flour by simply blending/grinding oats in a blender or food processor until it turns into a fine, flour texture. For this recipe I made the oat flour using rolled oats, but you can also use plain quick/instant oats instead (the overall cooking time of this recipe may vary if you make the flour using quick oats as they are more processed.)
Oats are technically a gluten free wholegrain however they are usually processed in the same facility as other grains and products that contain gluten, so most companies have to label ‘may contain gluten’ if there is possibility for cross contamination for legal purposes. If the oats/oat flour you use are certified GF then yes it will be gluten free.
If you like this recipe then you’re bound to love these…
- 3 Ingredient Healthy Vegan Banana Brownies (gluten free)
- 3 Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse (dairy free, easy)
- 5 Ingredient Vegan Peanut Butter Protein Cookies (gluten free)
Vegan Lemon Loaf Cake (gluten free)
- 4 cup oat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp lemon zest optional
- 1 cup lemon juice juice of about 4 lemons
- 1.25 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (fan forced) and line a small loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the lemon zest and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Pour in the maple syrup and lemon juice and fold in until just incorporated, with no major lumps remaining. (Try not to overmix)
- Pour mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
Made any of these recipes?
Tag @foodieegee on Instagram and hashtag it #foodieegee so we can share all the deliciousness!
Want more delicious, healthy vegan meals & recipes that are quick & easy to make?
OIL FREE SOY FREE REFINED SUGAR FREE GLUTEN FREE
Download your FREE copy of the ‘A Delicious Day’ recipe ebook for a day full of delicious, healthy vegan recipes!
oh yum i love this website and the recepie! will def need to try!
Thankyou Sofia! I hope you love it, Can’t wait to here how it goes!
These sounds so easy and delicious. I cannot wait to try it!!
Yay thankyou Lina! Let me know how it goes!
This sounds good but the proportion of flour to laid seems high. My batter is super dry. Is it really supposed to be 4 cups of flour? Is the batter consistency supposed to be dry?
Hi Celina! Yes 4 cups of flour is correct, are you using oat flour (homemade or store-bought)? Hmmm no the batter shouldn’t be too dry, assuming you have baked it already by now how did it turn out? Hope it worked out well for you in the end!
LOOKS SO GOOD! I LOVE LEMON DESSERTS
Aren’t they just so delicious & fresh! Hope you enjoy devouring this one Christine!
Count me in on trying this recipe. love lemon flavour in my bakes
Oh Yay you will love this then Veryl hope you enjoy! Can’t wait for an updated review on how it went once you’ve tried the recipe!
this looks yummy
Only one way to find out how yummy it really is 😉 Let us know if you try the recipe!
I want a piece