Get ready to dive into the Best Ever Mexican-style Vegan 7 Layer Dip with satisfying layers of guacamole, refried beans (no meat), homemade sour cream, vegan queso cheese sauce and fresh tomato salsa topping!
This delicious Vegan 7 Layer Dip has the perfect amount of…
- freshness & flavour!
Your party guests, friends, family (or yourself) are bound to keep coming back for more of this drool-worthy party snack.
This dish would make an amazing New Years Eve party appetiser accompanied by a platter of Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms and Chocolate bliss balls or PB&J Ice cream Cookie Sandwiches! (and it’s the ideal Super Bowl Game Day snack if you’re from the United States.)
FAQ, Storage & Tips
This Mexican layered dip is served cold which makes it easy to make ahead of time and act as a more refreshing appetiser alongside other hot, baked snacks and finger food.
This 7 Layer dip should last in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container or tightly wrapped (ideally using a plastic free wrap alternative like these reusable bowl covers or these reusable silicone food wraps which I use all the time.)
This Mexican-style dip is super versatile so there are many ways to use up any leftovers such as: Adding it into a burrito or Mexican Burrito Bake, on tostadas or regular toast (think next-level creamy avocado toast!), quesadillas or stuff into soft or hard taco shells with shredded lettuce.
The citrus added to the guacamole should prevent the avocado from going brown to some degree and if preparing this dip ahead of time just ensure the guacamole layer is completely covered with the queso cheese layer and it should be fine.
Dig into this creamy, satisfying vegetarian dip with some healthy, homemade gluten free baked tortilla chips or taco shells for the perfect crunch!
If you love this savoury vegan recipe then you’re going to love these!
- Vegan Italian Pasta Salad (Gluten free, Easy, Healthy)
- Raw Vegan Cauliflower Rice Sushi (Gluten free, Keto)
Vegan 7 Layer Mexican Dip
- 245 g pinto beans (1x can) rinsed
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (75g) preferably soaked for 10-15 minutes in boiling water prior to processing
- 4 tsp lemon juice (1/2 a lemon)
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 200 g avocado (1.5 avocados)
- 4 tsp lemon or lime juice (1/2 a lemon)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup raw cashews (150g)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- 1 large tomato (100g), diced
- 30 g pitted olives (7 olives), sliced
- 1 medium spring onion sliced
- Mash beans with a fork (or blend) until smooth and season with salt to taste.
- Add cashews to a food processor or blender and process into a smooth butter, scraping down sides as needed. Blend in nutritional yeast and salt to taste. Add about 4-5tbsp of warm water and blend until a thick pourable sauce consistency is achieved.
- Add cashews to a blender with the lemon juice and about 3tbs water. Blend until smooth (gradually add more water if needed to reach a sour cream consistency.)
- Mash guacamole ingredients together in a bowl until relatively smooth and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place the 'refried' beans into the base of a 2.5-3 cup capacity serving dish and spread to form the first layer. Add the sour cream to form the 2nd layer and continue layering with the guacamole and queso cheese. Sprinkle the tomato, olives and green onion on top.
- Pinto beans can be replaced with store-bought refried beans.
- Cashews in the Sour Cream can be substituted with silken tofu or plain, unsweetened non-dairy yoghurt for a nut-free alternative.
- Cashews in the Queso Cheese can be swapped for tahini or sunflower seed butter for a nut-free alternative
Made any of these recipes?
Tag @foodieegee on Instagram and hashtag it #foodieegee so we can share all the deliciousness!
Want more delicious, healthy vegan meals & recipes that are quick & easy to make?
OIL FREE SOY FREE REFINED SUGAR FREE GLUTEN FREE
Download your FREE copy of the ‘A Delicious Day’ recipe ebook for a day full of delicious, healthy vegan recipes!
This dip looks absolutely divine! I can’t wait to try and make this. I love a good taco dip!
Thankyou Lyssa! Cannot wait to hear how it goes! I hope you love it, enjoy!
I have to try this recipe! I always make a seven layer dip but this looks like a healthier option.
Adventure Awaits Us At Home
This sounds delicious. I love that it is cold so that it can be made ahead. Thanks also for the tips for leftovers and how to keep guacamole from browning.
I love a good 7 layer dip. We make it every year for Christmas eve. This would make a good rendition being dairy-free and gluten-free!